TechGuard Security, LLC, a premier cyber security company, is seeking a Bookkeeper to work with TechGuard senior management. Join an experienced and passionate management team—and take a fastgrowing National Cyber Security company to the next level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform day-to-day accounting functions including financial data entry, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash receipts, and invoicing. Provides for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements, support of annual audits and help with annual budgets.
- Assists senior management with the development of indirect and bid rate structures. Assists in the preparation of formal cost proposals for submission to government and commercial agencies.
- Ensure accounting records, policies and practices are compliant with federal, state and local government laws and regulations; and with various regulatory agencies.
- Plan and coordinate the preparation of tax and audit schedules for independent and government auditors for annual financial audit and tax preparation.
- Meet deadlines and provide excellence in internal and external customer service.
- Prepare financial statements and variance analysis management; troubleshoot system errors; set up pools using Deltek GCS Premier.
- Serve as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems.
- Interact with senior management, consultants, internal/external auditors.
- Manage government and commercial contract billings, DCAA Incurred Cost Submissions, collection calls, and contract closeouts.
Education and Experience Required:
Provide budget and contract management support to line/program managers and project task leaders; project staff burn rates, perform variance analysis, and monitor monthly revenue/awards against forecasts.
- Monitor acquisition and depreciation of fixed assets.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Must have 5+ years of hands-on bookkeeping/accounting experience, at least half of which should be in a government contracting environment.
- Essential skills and experience:
- Proficiency with Deltek GCS Premier accounting package a plus.
- Proficiency in standard office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of incurred cost submission reporting a plus.
- Strong general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, income tax and banking working knowledge
- Strong problem-solving aptitude required; must be able to analyze internal and external customer needs and leverage accounting systems effectively to create value to those customers.
- Proficiency in GAAP and cost accounting required.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills required; must effectively communicate technical findings or recommendations to a non-technical audience; ability to produce readable, concise and accurate written documentation required.
- Ability to isolate issues and define problems clearly and articulate solutions in a clear, concise manner.
- Experience with and knowledge of Federal Procurement Regulations, i.e., Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), DCAA and CAS policies preferred. U. S. citizenship is required.