The Proposal Manager will have the responsibility of coordinating all phases of the company’s proposal process in response to U.S. government requests for proposals (RFPs). The ability to meet deadlines, a commitment to teamwork, and detailed follow-through will be the key to success in this role.
Proven ability in planning, producing and delivering compliant proposals within a complex business environment. Experienced in scheduling and running proposal kick-off meetings, leading storyboarding sessions, facilitating key review meetings / final document review, coordinating proposal governance / sign off, document production and delivery of the completed proposal. Experienced in coordinating and updating Content Management System.
- Exercising full responsibility for complex government proposals and bid preparations
- Evaluating and understanding client requirements for incoming Request for Proposals (RFPs), Request for Information (RFI), Market Survey and Sources Sought
- Communicating and influencing at a senior level; including, but not limited to bid/no-bid decision making process
- Coordinating proposal efforts with Division Leaders, Contract Managers, Contractors, Subcontractors, Finance and Human Resources
- Preparing and maintaining a proposal calendar/timeline
- Orchestrating the proposal effort; coordinating efforts and ensuring stakeholder timelines are met; including a proper color review of all proposals
- Delivering compliant, professionally produced proposals within customer defined timeframes
- Coaching teammates in persuasive writing and proposal best practice
- Managing document templates and alignment with company branding
- Collaborate cross-functionally with all departments to gather and write proposal content and ensure technical accuracy and adherence to company positioning
- Responsible for hands-on proposal writing, coordination, and development efforts
- Coordinating and editing technical inputs for grammar and clarity; revising and improving technical content prepared by other departments, to ensure readability and compliance, without distorting original intent
- Communicating clear, concise answers to customer inquiries or requests for clarification
- Providing a quality assurance check for all document deliverables.
- Tracking and reporting proposal win/non-win information to help evaluate the performance of our business development proposal process
Knowledge and Skills:
- A working knowledge of government and military contracts, GSA and FAR is required
- A working knowledge of Shipley proposal processes
- Familiarity with Teaming Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements and Joint Ventures
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Strong research, writing, proofing, formatting, and editing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; including Word, PPT, Outlook, and Excel,
- Proficiency in desktop publishing and CRM software
- Ability to work independently or function effectively as a member of a team
- Ability to multitask, coordinate multiple proposals, and meet short timelines/deadlines.
- Ability to remain adaptable to changing requirements and deadlines
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment; balancing strategic and tactical responsibilities
- Ability to work flexible hours (nights, weekends, and holidays), to meet deadlines
- Ability to travel as needed, domestically
Education and Work Experience:
- This position requires a minimum of a 4-year degree from an accredited college or University and 5-10 years’ experience leading multimillion-dollar government proposals.