Location: Adelphi, MD & Colorado
- Constant monitoring of intrusion detection systems.
- Creation of technically detailed reports based on intrusions and events.
- Provides assistance in computer incident investigations
- Analyze and evaluate anomalous network and system activity.
- Assist in troubleshooting and problem solving a wide variety of client issues.
- Provide quality customer service with excellent communication skills.
- Recommend courses of action to prevent and mitigate intrusions
- 5 years relevant IT experience.
- 5 years relevant IA and/or security experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Must hold an maintain an active TS/SCI clearance.
- Ability to work rotating shifts if necessary
- An advanced understanding of current threats and trends present in the Information Security and Technology field.
- Advanced knowledge of network technologies and protocols
- Understanding of network hardware devices and experience configuring Access Control Lists/ or other Firewall or Router configuration experience
- Ability to demonstrate strong knowledge of computer security concepts
- DO DOD 8570 Compliance; must hold certifications meeting the requirements for both IAT-II (CCNA, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Sec+, or SSCP) & CSSP-Analyst (CEH, DFR, CySA+, GCIA, GCIH, GICSP, or SCYBER)
- Initiative and a personal interest in Information Technology Security.
- People skills and the ability to communicate effectively with various clients with the ability to explain and elaborate on technical details.
- Have used network security analysis tools such as Snort, TCPDUMP, WireShark, and other Host or Network based Intrusion Detection Systems
- Experience with system vulnerability assessment.
- Knowledge of Linux/UNIX and Windows OS security.