Cyber Strategy Consultant- Communications I
Location: Annapolis Junction, MD
The Cyber Strategy Communications Consultant will manage communications for strategic cyber initiatives related to USCYBERCOM J9 and will have several key areas of responsibility building and implementing Cybersecurity communications strategies for various programs, including employee and stakeholder communications, executive outreach, and awareness and training. This position will frequently interact with senior, internal, and cross-functional teams, as well as manage Cybersecurity initiative work through vendors and design teams. In addition, the employee engagement focus of this role will embrace our mission to attract and retain top talent in the industry by demonstrating true leadership skills, inspiring others, building strong relationships, and creating pride of association.
Leads communication strategy development and implementation related to strategic cyber initiatives. Assisting with coordination with internal and external stakeholders for development of strategies and assist USCYBERCOM J9 Director with implementing approved communication strategies. Assisting in communicating and socializing (e.g. via developed briefings and facilitated forums) USCYBERCOM J9 activities that support DoD initiatives. Developing and clarify policy and to develop and promulgate the doctrine necessary to implement the policies.
- Demonstrated ability to building and execute on the communication plan and framework to enhance awareness and knowledge at all levels of the Cybersecurity organization
- Overseeing all communication vehicles and content to internal stakeholders, plan owners and executives, as well as other business partners.
- Development of topics, writing and editing messages, articles and communication materials to build awareness and acceptance of overall cyber goals and objectives.
- Work with resources to visually convey complex cyber concepts and messages in a simplified manner.
- Collaborating with a wide variety of stakeholders, including USCYBERCOM personnel to communicate key messages.
- Developing long-term strategies and key initiatives, including promoting and achieving a culture of departmental service excellence and stakeholder engagement
- Working with leadership and management to develop strategies and demonstrable links between staff engagement and internal organization goals.
- Coordinate all efforts to brand and create a unified message across the DoD.
- Schedule, coordinate and manage logistics for internal and cross-departmental communication events and forums
- Managing all internal communications and related program materials for the purpose of communicating engagement information to senior leadership and subcommittees.
- Proficiency in creating an annual communication plan and provide content for various communication channels
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business, Marketing or a field requiring strategic communication and business skills. In lieu of a bachelor’s degree; 12-years’ experience is required.
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in a cyber-related field (e.g. Information Assurance, Information Systems Security, and Computer Network Defense) in the development of National Security Policy and strategy.
- Minimum of eight (8) years cumulative experience in four (4) of the following:
- Strategic Communications
- Capabilities and Requirements Analysis
- Professional Development/Education/Training Program Design and/or facilitation
- Team and stakeholder engagement facilitation
- Facilitation of team activities and resulting product development
TOP SECRET/SCI w/ CI POLY REQUIRED