Cyber Systems Engineer
Location: Fort Meade, MD
Cyber System Engineer will work in independent and team environments reviewing, analyzing, and evaluating systems and user needs; identifying
capability gaps. The preferred candidate should be able to work and function in a dynamic environment where requirements can change according to the customer needs. Planning, implementing, managing, monitoring and upgrading security measures for the protection of the organizations data, systems and networks. Efforts include:
- Work with multiple IT departments/sources to research, collect, identify and report software or system requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered, reconcile conflicts; decompose high-level information into detail functional and development or system requirements.
- Assist IT project managers with project plan, version scopes and timelines
- Work with development or systems team to implement requirements related to IT projects.
- Troubleshooting security and network problems.
- Responding to all system and/or network security breaches.
- Ensuring that the organization’s data and infrastructure are protected by enabling the appropriate security controls.
- Participating in the change management process.
- Testing and identifying network and system vulnerabilities.
- Daily administrative tasks, reporting and communication with the relevant departments in the organization.
- Conducting gap analysis and support the development of decision briefs that address the gap, acquisition strategies, transition plans, test and pilot plans, concepts of operations/strategies, and recommended policy changes to close gaps with new capabilities.
- Possess knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the cybersecurity enterprise.
- Responsible for assisting in the resolution of risks, defects, and issues, and for smaller projects may be accountable for project schedule.
- Experience with Continuous Monitoring and Risk Scoring (CMRS) system. CMRS familiarization must include a fundamental familiarization with published Host Based Security System (HBSS) and Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) data.
- Familiarization with client Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) and Department of Defense (DOD) Enterprise Portal Service (DEPS)
- A well-qualified candidate should be able to demonstrate an excellent understanding of technology infrastructures using Firewalls, VPN, Data Loss Prevention, IDS/IPS, Web-Proxy and Security Audits. Top candidates will be comfortable working with a variety of technologies, security problems and troubleshooting of the network.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise junior personnel
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cybersecurity, Information Technology, etc.)
- 5 Years of related Technical Experience
SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED