Location: Adelphi, MD
The Cybersecurity Specialist will provide the Information Assurance Manager’s (IAM) office with support and guidance through established Department of Defense (DoD) and Army policies.
- Perform IA assessments of organization and advice on best IT security practices for an R&D environment.
- Process IAM policy exception requests, perform risk assessments and provide guidance and recommendations that adhere to Army and DoD policy.
- Evaluate emerging cybersecurity tools and technologies for organizational impact.
- Coordinate cybersecurity inspections such as: DAIG, CSA, and CCRI, RMF.
- Manage IAM office user requests and tickets and provide guidance and recommendations that adhere to Army and DoD policy.
- Assist IA staff with ensuring that organization is meeting DoD 8570 requirements.
- Assist IA staff with the Assessment and Authorization (A&A) processes.
- Assist IA staff with software assurance and vulnerability management for the organization.
- Perform incident and spillage management.
- Write and review Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Provide quality customer service.
- Active DoD clearance
- Must be DoD 8570 compliant and maintain required certifications for an IAM II appointment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft, Apple, and UNIX operating systems
- 3+ years in Information Assurance and/or system security
- Understanding of DoD and Army IA policies, guidance, and best practices.
- Understands RMF assessment and DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) accreditation packages
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in work experience.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office products such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- IASO/ISSO/IAM experience.
- Experience evaluating and managing vulnerabilities for a DoD network.
- Experience with Army A&A processes.
- Experience leading meetings or training sessions.
- Experience with managing cybersecurity projects.
- Knowledge of Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), Army Gold Master (AGM) and SCAP scans.
- Experience using DoD IA tools (e.g., eMASS, Retina, Nessus, Host Based Security System (HBSS))
- Experience with Vulnerability Management
- Knowledge of DoD Assessment & Authorization procedures.
|Job Category||Cybersecurity, Other|