Cyberspace Operational Engineer III
Location: Fort Meade, MD
The Cyberspace Operations Engineer researches and analyzes cybersecurity capabilities to satisfy data protection requirements; Evaluates products against the customers operational requirements; Assists with the implementation of security solutions; Researches, develops requirements, evaluates, tests, and implements new or improved information security software, devices or systems; Applies a combination of expert engineering knowledge of enterprise IT and security solutions to design, develop, and/or implement solutions to ensure they are consistent with enterprise architecture security policies; Provides planning, policy, requirements, and integration support for cyber capabilities and identifies opportunities for mission enhancement; Researches, designs, develops, and implements proof of concept data protection solutions to address vulnerabilities and assists in highly focused, quick-turnaround market research regarding technology trends and/or potential solutions to address specific requirements; Assists in the evaluation of industry offerings to identify products and technologies with the potential to support the security design, and troubleshoot and problem solve technical and non-technical issues.
- Applies advanced telecommunications knowledge of DOD network designs and operations to analyze and define global network centric solutions
- Analyzes and evaluates voice/video/data system solutions and provide support for joint full spectrum (terrestrial and space) system and network integration
- Conducts enterprise assessments of threats and vulnerabilities, determines deviations from acceptable configurations and security controls, assesses the level of risk, and develops and/or recommends appropriate remediation strategies
- Maintains thorough knowledge on DODIN operations, U.S. cyberspace operations community architecture, and potential defensive capabilities for countering cyber threats
- Assesses operational risks and issues, develops effective COAs and mitigation strategies, mediates, and coordinates actions
- Analyzes and reports on technical issues of current and future DOD plans, programs, policies, and activity related to the assessment of the DODIN
- Supports the design and development of networks and associated enterprise architectures
- Minimum 10 years of experience as a Cyberspace Operations Engineer or related functional area
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
- Minimum DOD 8140/DOD 8570 IAM Level III Certification
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills. Excellent communications skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
TOP SECRET/SCI CLEARANCE REQUIRED