Location: 50% REMOTE – 50% LAUREL, MD
TechGuard Security is looking for a Database Engineer who shall provide database administration for development and production environments, provide database application support to development teams, consult with software development teams on database schema design optimization, and engage in ongoing database performance tuning efforts to assure optimal performance for database applications. The Database Engineer shall create and maintain performance benchmarks and metrics, make recommendations on hardware and software specifications for optimal database performance, administer Oracle, SQL Server and MySQL database servers, support certification and accreditation activities, and perform all duties related to ongoing operation of the database infrastructure.
Database and application troubleshooting, installation, backups, configuration and performance tuning, development support, scripting, and producing documentation. Assist with all duties related to ongoing operation of the database infrastructure.
· 8+ years demonstrated experience designing, developing and/or maintaining databases, data warehouses or multidimensional databases.
· 4+ years demonstrated direct experience administering database servers (e.g Oracle, SQL Server or MySQL).
· Experience shall include database installation, configuration, performance tuning and backups.
· 4+ years demonstrated experience administering database servers and/or cloud-based systems.
· 4+ years demonstrated experience administering database security configurations (e.g., Oracle Label Security)
· 2+ years demonstrated experience with scripting languages.
· DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification.
· A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems or related discipline may be substituted for four (4) years of experience, or a Master of Science degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems or related discipline may be substituted for six (6) years experience.
Clearance Requirements: TS/SCI with FS Poly required
Email resumes to: [email protected]