Location: McLean, VA with the opportunity to telecommute
You focus on implementing and operating next-generation security solutions for Federal government Agencies/departments. Technical team members perform hands-on evaluation, implementation, and operation of leading security Cyber defense tools and technologies. You apply in-depth defense strategies in large and complex networks to rapidly identify vulnerabilities and threats, prioritize response actions, and develop effective counter-measures. You utilize technical expertise to help customers overcome their most difficult challenges by integrating secure practices through cybersecurity.
As a Forensics SME team member, you collaborate with highly skilled engineers to ensure the current infrastructure is functional and available, look for ways to make the infrastructure better using the latest technology and the best implementation strategies, and update and patch critical systems. You provide customers insight into their network through monitoring and performance management. You use your technical expertise to help identify problem areas and opportunities for improvement in mission-critical networks.
Perform forensic analysis of digital information and gather and handle evidence. Use forensically sound procedures to identify network computer intrusion evidence and identify perpetrators. Employ forensic tools and techniques to support investigation of computer fraud and other electronic crimes, crack files and system passwords, detect steganography, and recover deleted, fragmented, and corrupted data from digital media of all types. Observe proper evidence custody and control procedures, document procedures and findings in a manner suitable for courtroom presentation, and prepare comprehensive written notes and reports. Leverage knowledge and apply technical standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques. Assist team members in imaging digital media and gathering, accessing, and assessing evidence from electronic devices using forensic tools and knowledge of operating systems.
- Experience performing host-based investigations or digital forensics
- Experience conducting endpoint, network, and malware forensics
- Familiarity with Crowdstrike Falcon, FireEye HX, AX, and NX tools
- Experience with performing forensic analysis on common operating system environments, including Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, UNIX, Linux, Solaris, and embedded systems.
- Experience analyzing digital media, including logs, code, phones, hard drives, and memory dumps to determine attack vectors and develop mitigation techniques
- Knowledge of operating systems
- Experience performing real-time hunt and incident handling, including forensic collections, intrusion correlation and tracking, threat analysis, and direct system remediation tasks to support deployable hunt and incident response teams
- Knowledge of industry-standard forensic best practices used while imaging, preserving, transporting, and handling electronic data and associated physical devices
Clearance Requirements: Ability to Obtain a Security Clearance
Email resumes to: [email protected]