Functional Specialist/Advisor III
As Requirements Developers in this position these individuals will:
- Assist NGA SOCOM leadership in day-to-day operations
- Create memoranda, briefings, monthly reports, papers, meeting minutes and documents
- Generate input for weekly activity reports and weekly staff meetings
- Perform as primary action officer for tasks assigned, which includes coordinating the task, ensuring that all requirements are met and fully addressed, ensuring that NGA SOCOM leadership has reviewed and approved the task response, and ensuring that task response is prepared for release prior to the suspense date and time
- Assist the NGA SOCOM leadership at the embed location (Fort Bragg)
- Prepare special or one-time reports, summaries, or replies to inquires relating to the mission; selecting relevant information from a variety of sources such as reports, documents, correspondence, and other offices, etc., under general directions
- Prepare Action Items and Notes commitments made by executives during meetings and arranges for follow-on meetings and implementation
- Anticipate and prepare materials needed for conference, correspondence, appointments, meeting, telephone calls, etc., and informs lead officer on matters to be considered
- Review outgoing correspondence for NGA approval and alert authors to any conflict with the file or departure from policies; gives advice to resolve the problems
- Summarize the content of incoming materials, specially gathered information, or meetings to assist NGA leadership; coordinate the new information with background office sources; draws attention to important issues, and initiates actions as directed
- Review publications, agency regulations and directives, and takes action or refers those that are important to the NGA/SOCOM interests
- Advise administrative personnel in subordinate offices on new procedures; requests information needed from the subordinate office(s) for periodic or special conferences, reports, inquiries, etc.
- Managing/quality control content in an online/web environment
- Strong skills with COTS and GOTS multi-media software tools and processes.
- Proficient with Intelink procedures and processes and expert MicroSoft applications
- Familiarity with current and legacy NGA products and policies, to include data, content, supporting services and applicable registries
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written, to include preparation and delivery of briefings and training)
- Ability to independently initiate, manage, execute and report tasks as identified by the government
- Demonstrated experience in using project management tools, techniques and processes.
- Demonstrated experience in drafting solutions regarding policy challenges to assist office and agency leadership regarding multinational engagement.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience within related field
- 7 – 10 years of experience
- Desired: Demonstrated experience providing foreign visit support (facilitate visit logistics, assist the desk officer with read-ahead books and presentations, draft and submit executive summaries).
- Desired: Demonstrated experience serving as subject matter expert regarding foreign partner participation in agency multinational initiatives.
TOP SECRET/SCI REQUIRED