Graphics Designer/Visualization Specialist 3
Location: Springfield, VA
TechGuard Security is looking for a Graphics Designer/Visualization Specialist 3. The graphic designer will combine art and technology to communicate ideas through images and the layout of websites and printed pages. They may use a variety of design elements to achieve artistic or decorative effects. Work with both text and images. Select the type, font, size, color, and line length of headlines, headings, and text. Decide how images and text will go together on a print or webpage, including how much space each will have. When using text in layouts, collaborate closely with writers who choose the words and decide whether the words will be put into paragraphs, lists, or tables. Using images, text, and color, transform statistical data into visual graphics and diagrams, which can make complex ideas more accessible. Requires a TS/SCI security clearance and will be supporting NGA in Springfield, VA.
The OCC graphic is charged with creating visual concepts (not directly manipulating GEOINT products), using computer software or by hand, to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, and captivate consumers. Develop overall layout and production design for various applications such as advertisements, brochures, fact sheets and corporate reports. Demonstrates analytic, communication and time-management skills. Possess creative and artistic ability. They will create graphics aligned with agency initiatives given by the Director to develop and execute creative campaigns to help boost that communication to internal and external audiences. Develop branding for agency-wide events (banners, digital posters, email campaigns, etc.). The graphic artist is charged with developing proposals and creating the graphics aligned to that proposal. They will also be charged with creating graphics for the agency’s social media presence (GIF, podcasts, icons, etc.) and internal newsletter and other communication products, including briefing presentations and creative plans on how to implement them for senior NGA leaders.
- 7-10 years professional experience
- Certificate and/or bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience within field
- Possess detailed knowledge of the full functionality of graphic design software like Adobe Master Collection CS5, and the designing of products for printing on digital press and web.
- Experience in developing and implementing creative visual and strategic solutions from scientific presentations to websites to online productivity tools.
Highly Desired Skills:
- Strong branding skills
- Strong “design eye”
- Digital illustration
- Animation skills (or knowledge on how to work with an animator)
- Print knowledge to work with the agency copy center
- Strong communicator with capability of speaking to large audiences
Clearance Requirements: Top Secret with SCI is required
Email resumes to: [email protected]