IT Subject Matter Specialist
Location: Ft. Meade, MD
The position shall provide technical expertise, advisory, and IT support services to the DISA DOD Enterprise Email (DEE) Program. Candidate should possess knowledge and experience with MS Exchange, Outlook, Outlook Web Access (OWA), Active Directory (AD) capabilities, as well as email user data migration tools and techniques. The resource will use this knowledge to address day to day engineering or technical related customer and internal DISA requests for information pertaining to the DEE system. Expertise will be used to facilitate a variety of systems and communications related activities in support of the ongoing implementation, testing, and high-level operational support of the DISA provided Email solution system. Provide support for the existing security infrastructure, as well as develop and implement strategies to meet future requirements as security process change and/or technology evolves. Supports engineering aspects relative to existing DISA and DOD IA policies and procedures and understand their application.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Serve as an integration specialist, working with Microsoft experts to combine industry best practices with the unique mission critical requirements of Computing Services and the DOD.
- Help align IT strategy and planning with organizational business goals.
- Support production data migration plans developed for DISA and the customer in order to move user Microsoft Exchange data and mailboxes to and from the DISA hosted Exchange environment.
- Perform research necessary to support development for Bill of Materials; system designs and support future studies and research on new technologies and/or initiatives.
- Assess existing customer messaging capabilities, identify functionality not supported by the DISA hosted Exchange solution, and develop acceptable alternatives or mitigation strategies.
- Support hardware, software, and network engineering modernization, standardization, and automation activities. This task will support end to end engineering to include support of centralized optimization plan activities.
- Participate in and support technical discussion/meetings to develop technical solutions to problems.
- Participate in engineering “Tiger” teams to determine/recommend solutions for optimization.
- Perform technical solution analysis.
- Create technical white papers.
- Research, engineer, test, and propose specific solutions to satisfy VIP, business critical or unique requirements and facilitate implementation of the solution through the Tier II/Tier III support.
- Engineer, document, and/or work with DISA and Mission Partner staff to implement solutions to overcome technical obstacles.
- Identify and provide recommendations to correct Exchange configuration errors through expert remote problem identification and resolution.
- Perform data analytics/visualization using information derived from multiple sources.
- Perform script and application source code review as required.
- Provide high level system design and architecture support (including networking).
- Prepare and deliver status reports, metrics, and briefings.
- Minimum 8 years’ engineering experience (Microsoft Exchange systems, developing technical requirements and applying IA/security principles to systems).
- Knowledge and experience with MS Exchange, Outlook, Outlook Web Access (OWA), Active Directory (AD) capabilities, as well as email user data migration tools and techniques.
- Knowledge or expertise in integrating and/or addressing technical IA requirements.
- Understand the unique and highly specialized features of the infrastructure, including the Data Center IA Closed Architecture.
Clearance Requirements: Secret level security clearance required.
Email resumes to: [email protected]