Journeyman Image Science/Analyst – SAR/Spectral
Location: Quantico, VA
The selected candidate will provide imagery science analysis support specifically related to the exploitation of imagery in one of the following sensor disciplines: radar, infrared, spectral, or geospatial (to include photogrammetry); to assist the government/contractor team in optimizing the collection and exploitation of varied imagery data types, especially those categorized as AGI. The image scientist will collaborate with and provide scientific analysis support to imagery/geospatial analysts, who will leverage the value-added support to sharpen their assessments of current intelligence issues. The image scientist duties also include applying AGI techniques and capabilities to mission issues, as well as investigating innovative and emerging technologies to incorporate into analysis. The evaluation of commercial, academic, and outside approaches and algorithms, refinement, development of measures of effectiveness, improvements to system environments, and creation of new procedures will be commonplace. Formal and informal written reports and briefings will be necessary to capture plans, schedules, status updates and results.
- 3 – 10 years of relevant, demonstrated experience in imagery science/analysis.
- Specialization and expertise in SAR and Spectral image applied processing, exploitation and scientific analysis, and experience in other modalities to include EO, IR, Lidar.
- Knowledge of image formation, and associated discipline phenomenology.
- Experience with scientifically processing imagery (all modalities) from Civil and Commercial imaging systems.
- Proficiency with techniques, algorithms, and scientific analysis of associated discipline data processing using RSI ENVI.
- Experience with GOTS applications such as FSTK and AGITK is a plus.
Preferred Skills and Education:
- Proficiency using ITT ENVI COTS image processing software, ERADAS IMAGINE, MS Office and Windows.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as IDL, R, Python.
- Familiarity with commercial and civil data sources, integration of resulting data into ArcGIS.
- Bachelor of Science degree or Master of Science preferred in image science, remote sensing, GIS, Geography, earth science, physical science, engineering, or similar engineering/science fields.
TS/SCI level security clearance required