Nautical Cartographer Analyst
Location: Springfield, VA
TechGuard Security LLC is looking for Nautical Cartographer Analysts.
The cartographic analyst will support the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency’s Maritime Safety Office. The analyst must be knowledgeable on how to acquire, analyze, compile, and disseminate maritime safety information and intelligence to populate and update nautical databases to support the production programs of: Digital Nautical Charts (DNC) and Electronic Navigation Charts (ENC). Compile or update maritime features and attributes for SFH DNC/ENC portfolio on ArcGIS based date Capture Finishing Environment (DCAFE) workstations or ESRI based GEOINT Modernization (FG MOD) production environment workstations. Work includes referencing source material to update publications, updating and/or writing new entries, submitting work through the QA/QC process, and meeting deadlines. Attention to detail is critical. Candidate must have knowledge and familiarity with Notice to Mariners (NtM). Must be able to balance various projects in a self-driven environment.
- 3-10 years of Cartography experience.
- 3 to 10 years of cartographic finishing, feature extraction from maps, charts or various imagery sources, attribution population, and related experience.
- Experience with Data conversion/migration.
- Experience working with Geospatial Information Systems (GIS), specifically ESRI ArcGIS and PLTS.
- Ability to geo-rectify maps, charts, and various sources.
- Knowledge of NGA Products and Services.
- Self-starter adept at working in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment with maritime GEOINT domain expertise;
- Possess effective oral and written communication skills, and are capable of creating and delivering effective PowerPoint-based presentations.
- The ability to manage multiple time-constrained projects is critical to success.
- 4-year degree in a relevant major a plus (e.g. GIS, geography, Intelligence Studies, math/science)
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Experience creating, editing, and manipulating shapefiles, geodatabases, and features.
- Ability to export data in multiple formats, predominantly standard MILSPEC as well as shapefiles.
- Knowledge of generalization rules.
- Ability to use imagery for the purposes of nautical chart compilation.
- Experience combining digital cartography, computer technology, GIS, cartographic and geospatial production techniques, remote sensing, photogrammetry, and digital data formats.
- Ability to order, manipulate, and interpret various types of satellite imagery used as a source for feature extraction (coastline, etc).
- Ability to perform manual or automated bulk quality checks.
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Excel.
- Knowledge of geospatial database content management.
- Knowledge of symbolization rules (how symbols are used to portray features).
- Experience working with geospatial data in a multi-user enterprise environment.
- Knowledge of S57 data format.
Clearance Requirements: Active TS/SCI security clearance required.
Email resumes to: [email protected]