Location: Laurel, MD
TechGuard Security is looking for a Network Engineer who will support, monitor, test, and troubleshoot hardware and software problems pertaining to CANS/WANS/LANs/VLANs. The Network Engineer will schedule and perform network maintenance, perform installation configuration and repairs, and support certification and accreditation activities. The candidate will support all LAN-based applications, routers, firewalls, VOIP and Ethernet technology; support, monitor, test and troubleshoot hardware and software problems pertaining to CANS/WANS/LANs/VLANs; and support all LAN-based applications, routers, firewalls, VOIP and Ethernet technology. This position requires DoD 8570 compliance IAT Level II.
- 8+ years demonstrated experience in the planning, design, development, implementation, and technical support of multi-platform, multi-system networks to encompass diagnosing network performance shortcomings and designing and implementing performance improvements.
- 4+ years demonstrated experience in network installation including high bandwidth data transfer. 4+ years demonstrated experience administering CANS/WANS/LANS/VLANS.4.Four (4)years demonstrated experience administering classified networks.
- 4+ years demonstrated experience with protocols and network troubleshooting.
- 4+ years demonstrated experience with network visualization tools (e.g., Visio).
- 2+ years demonstrated experience leading teams on small to mid-size network engineering activities.
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification.
- Bachelor’s Degree in telecommunications, computer science, computer engineering, or information systems or related discipline may be substituted for 4 years of experience, or a Master of Science degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems or related discipline may be substituted for 6 years’ experience.
Clearance Requirements: Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain and Security Clearance.
Email resumes to: [email protected]
|Job Category||Software Engineering|