Process Improvement Engineer/Specialist – SharePoint Specialis
TechGuard Security is looking for a Process Improvement Engineer/Specialist to meet challenges in the Intelligence Community (IC) by collaborating with a development team to streamline business processes and customer support using SharePoint 2013 technologies. You’ll work with and lead the development team to ensure accessibility for all users by developing a front-end that functions across browsers, platforms, and devices while meeting accessibility and security requirements. In addition, you will assist with the analysis, evaluation, and assessment of SharePoint. You will provide recommendations for system and process improvements, optimization, development, and/or operations sustainment efforts for IT systems, software, and processes (e.g. SharePoint).
This is an opportunity to contribute and administer, design, develop, and implement Microsoft SharePoint-based applications and solutions. You’ll create and maintain complex workflows for process improvements and streamlining. You’ll work with clients, stakeholders, and project management to analyze business and enterprise requirements, including applying expertise in Microsoft SharePoint 2013 product capabilities, customization, and development avenues. You’ll work on projects that meet challenges in the IC, collaborating with your team to build automated business processes and sites in SharePoint with user-centric design. You’ll develop your skills and learn how to ensure accessibility for all users by developing a front-end that functions across browsers, platforms, and devices while meeting accessibility and security requirements. With mentoring, positive code reviews, and opportunities to learn new tools and skills, we focus on growing as a team to make the best solutions for our customers. Join us as we build systems to change the client for the better.
· 7 – 10+ years of experience with web development which includes supporting the design, development, and maintenance of SharePoint websites from a front-end and back-end perspective.
· Experience with creating and maintaining SharePoint templates; developing and maintaining scripts, providing site design, coding, and implementing fixes / providing expert assistance with SharePoint sites.
· Strong understanding of features and utility functions of jQuery; ability to adapt various jQuery plugins and features, such as “$.ajax”, to specific needs.
· Experience with .NET framework and web markup languages, including C#, HTML, and CSS.
· Understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
· Understanding of features and limitations of the Sizzle engine.
· Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues.
· Ability to support SharePoint page design (Modern View), configuration, workflows, administration, migration, and automated deployment processes. Provide support and expertise to migrate SharePoint Online sites from Classic View to Modern View.
· Familiarity with input validation techniques and approaches. Good understanding of browser rendering behavior and performance
· Active TS/SCI w/Poly (Or active TS/SCI and willingness to take a Counterintelligence (CI) polygraph exam)
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience within a related field
· Experience with SharePoint customization, including custom branding and navigation, configuring and administering search, configuring site collections, and content type development.
· Ability to work on a team to collaboratively execute software development life cycle activities, including scope and requirements definition, design, development, and deployment of SharePoint solutions.
· Ability to perform interface modifications to SharePoint utilities and tools and support content migrations, workflow development, and solution deployments.
· Ability to collaborate at all levels and across organizations.
· Ability to translate a vision into strategic and tactical plans and execute resulting plans.
· Ability to pay strict attention to detail.
· Ability to be a self-starter who can work with minimal supervision.
· Ability to coordinate with external stakeholders across organizations.
· Experience in working with clients, stakeholders, and end users to obtain requirements. Assist client to identify shortcomings, analyzing existing processes, and recommending strategies of process improvement and tools to achieve more efficient results and keep up with current technologies
Clearance Requirements: Top Secret with SCI is required with a willingness to take a polygraph exam
Email resumes to: [email protected]