Location: St Louis, MO
Multi-media editors work with analytic authors and technical and publishing specialists to edit, format, and disseminate various geospatial intelligence reports according to established agency publication policies, the NGA Writers Guide and Style Manual for Geospatial Intelligence Production, and ODNI sourcing standards for GEOINT products. The Contractor shall provide a full range of support in the production and dissemination of finished GEOINT products, specifically editing intelligence documents, working with analytic customers (authors) to determine the appropriate reporting mechanism for conveying GEOINT to NGA’s external customers, and managing the production of NGA GEOINT products. These services include, but are not limited to:
- Review, analyze, and correct draft material for clarity, consistency, style, format, logic, and organization, as well as grammar, word usage, spelling, and punctuation.
- Review products dealing with complex analytical intelligence issues and provide guidance to geospatial intelligence analysts and other editors regarding logic, clarity, comprehensiveness, relevance, and brevity.
- Verify classifications provided by analysts or direct them to classification management teams.
- Support the production and dissemination of finished GEOINT products by working with analytic customers (authors) to determine the appropriate reporting mechanism for conveying GEOINT to NGA’s external customers, editing intelligence documents, and managing the production of NGA GEOINT products.
- Work closely with analysts, from the early stages of manuscript development through the entire publishing process, (includes final reviews of text, graphics, and other formats for NGA intelligence products) to help them organize and refine analytic content into an effective product.
- Edit documents and manage the production of NGA intelligence analysis cables, NGA
Intelligence Briefs, NGA GEOINT Notes, NGA Baselines, briefing materials and visual aids, and other products, as required.
- Work on multiple projects with simultaneous deadlines under fast-paced conditions; must be available to perform duties in a multiple-shift environment, as necessary.
- Perform structural, substantive, and copy edits of analytical manuscripts for organization, completeness, logic, accuracy, and compliance with language, style, formatting.
- Produce, process, and disseminate documents in many hardcopy, softcopy, and web formats and ensure compatibility with a variety of computer systems and telecommunications networks.
- Coordinate and disseminate finished intelligence products as required.
- Provide quality control in accordance with NGA policy and standards for intelligence products.
- Attend regularly scheduled editor and production support meetings and stay current with ongoing production support initiatives.
- Review product metadata for completeness.
- Demonstrate customer service excellence by clearly and concisely communicating work status, methods, instructions, problems, requirements, options, and concerns with team members, managers, and customers within NGA and the Intelligence Community.
- Participate in meetings with customers, team members, Contractors, and others to exchange information, make decisions, and/or provide updates.
- Support the office and other branches in accomplishing the agency’s overall mission, including expediting crisis work, special assignments, and ad hoc tasking on variously scheduled arrangements.
- Support analytic customers (authors) by tagging GEOINT products with relevant keywords and information.
- Support NGA’s efforts to enhance the discoverability of data and information by working with GEOINT content and analytic customers (authors) in the review of standard and nonstandard products to determine the appropriate metadata and keyword tagging and editing metadata as appropriate.
- At least three years of relevant professional editing experience.
- Superior and demonstrable proficiency in English language mechanics and vocabulary.
- Knowledge of government-mandated plain language principles.
- Strong computer skills and demonstrated proficiency on PC platforms.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat.
- Working knowledge of electronic publishing software such as Adobe InDesign and\ Adobe FrameMaker.
- Working knowledge of structured authoring software (using SGML, XML, or HTML and expert ability to format documents using such software.
- Achieve 80 percent or higher on a diagnostic assessment, which will be administered by ATC
- Demonstrated aptitude in working with current, industry-standard electronic publishing computer systems, applications, and databases.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Familiarity with basic print-based and web-based design principles.
- Working knowledge of web and multimedia technologies, and the ability to test and
- troubleshoot interactive and multimedia products using these technologies.
- Familiarity with the US Intelligence Community–specifically, imagery collection and exploitation.
- Experience in problem identification and analysis.
- Possess critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to research and gather information.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Experience in developing working relationships and networking.
- Ability to ensure consistency in content, clarity, and appropriateness for intended audiences.
TOP SECRET/SCI REQUIRED