Quality Assurance Analyst
Location: Quantico, VA
TechGuard Security, LLC, a premier cyber security company, is seeking a Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst to work with TechGuard’ s Information System Test and Evaluation Support Group. Join an experienced and passionate management team and take a fast-growing National Cyber Security company to the next level.
The QA Analyst is responsible for creating an end-to-end test plan; executing the plan and managing all activities in the plan to ensure that all the objectives are met and that the solution works as expected. The solution should be tested in terms of functionality, performance, reliability, stability and compatibility with other legacy and/or external systems. QA Analyst shall ensure testing is well defined, planned and executed. The analyst does this by ensuring that every phase and feature of the software solution is tested and that any potential issue is identified and fixed before the product goes live.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop test plans and procedures to perform OT&E, IV&V and QA Assessment Testing.
- Analyze Defense Security Service (DSS) requirements to ensure traceability, consistency, and measurability in order to generate test plan and RTMs.
- Execution of test procedures in test environments using HP ALM/Sprinter and/or UFT.
- Validation of software changes in a test and operational environment to ensure that the intended functional requirements are met.
- Familiarity with various Software Development methodologies
- Execute testing procedures to ensure that software meets established quality standards.
- Sound knowledge of HP ALM modules from Requirements to generating Test Sets mapped to Test Cycles
- Creating Automation scripts through Record and Play as well as VB Scripting
- Prepare data sets to test logic, error handling, and system workflows.
- Isolate, reproduce, and track defects; Verify fixes.
- Provide daily In-process Test Report during test events.
- Prepare and deliver a formal Test Report as a result of IV&V testing.
- Documents testing according to standardized procedures.
- Responsible for Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) testing / Quality Assurance (QA) of Defense Security Services (DSS) product deliverables and supporting web-based applications.
Professional / Educational Requirements:
- 2+ years of expertise in Automated Testing and Quality Assurance software including Hewlett Packard Application Lifecycle Management/Quality Assurance Center (HP ALM) v12.2+.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related field and 4+ years of QA Analyst experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Efficacy in both oral and written communication.
- Ability to work independently or in group environments to achieve team goals.
- Willingness to take and offer direction as needed to achieve team goals.
- Ability to identify areas for professional self-improvement and stay current with industry IV&V and QA trends. Candidate must showcase a willingness to learn new QA tools and processes as directed by the Prime or Client to meet emergent needs and advance overall team proficiency.
- Some experience with HP Fortify or similar Static Analyzer tool
- Familiarity with LoadComplete or similar performance tools
- Experience working in DevOps or Agile development environments
Requires SECRET clearance.