Senior Communications Specialist
Location: Springfield, VA
- Develop and implement internal and external communications.
- Proactively identify and implement marketing strategies.
- Based on awareness and understanding of NGA mission and operations tempo, identify and reach out to potential users and user groups.
- Analyze customer needs; make appropriate recommendations for message/information development, communication method selection, and timing of messages.
- Tailor messages by target audience. Research, write, edit, and publish communications products (e.g., print, web, electronic, briefings).
- Provide direction to graphic designers, briefing developers, photographers, illustrators and other required staff.
- Prepare material for publication and other media both internally and externally.
- Manage and monitor production schedules.
- Develop new communication methods to reach target audiences.
- Support NGA senior leaders by writing speeches, talking points, video scripts, briefings, and other communications products (e.g., emails, articles).
- Proficient with PC computer platforms and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong communication (oral and written), interpersonal and customer service skills.
- 11 years’ experience in the Corporate Communications field.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in the related field.
- Experience researching and writing articles monthly in the IC, NGA, DoD or Federal government.
- Experience developing communication products such as briefings, marketing campaigns, communications plans, publication timelines, aimed at increasing awareness of milestones and initiatives for a variety of audiences and associated with designated communications account.
- Experience working with executive-level clients in IC, NGA, DoD or Federal government.
- Experience in proofreading, technical writing and editing for grammar.
- Experience working with Senior Leadership to create and edit emails to the workforce and other audiences; create briefs and talking points.
- Demonstrated effective leadership, execution and crisis communication skills in the IC, NGA, DoD or Federal government environments.
TS/SCI Security Clearance Required