Senior Communications Specialist
Location: St. Louis, MO
Develop and implement internal and external communications. Proactively identify and implement marketing strategies. Based on awareness and understanding of NGA mission and operations tempo, identify and reach out to potential users and user groups. Analyze customer needs; make appropriate recommendations for message/information development, communication method selection, and timing of messages. Tailor messages by target audience. Research, write, edit, and publish communications products (e.g., print, web, electronic, briefings). Provide direction to graphic designers, briefing developers, photographers, illustrators and other required staff. Prepare material for publication and other media both internally and externally. Manage and monitor production schedules. Develop new communication methods to reach target audiences. Support NGA senior leaders by writing speeches, talking points, video scripts, briefings, and other communications products (e.g., emails, articles). Proficient with PC computer platforms and Microsoft Office Suite. Strong communication (oral and written), interpersonal and customer service skills.
- 11 years’ experience in the Corporate Communications field.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in the related field.
- Experience researching and writing articles monthly in the IC, NGA, DoD or Federal government.
- Experience developing communication products such as briefings, marketing campaigns, communications plans, publication timelines, aimed at increasing awareness of milestones and initiatives for a variety of audiences and associated with designated communications account.
- Experience working with executive-level clients in IC, NGA, DoD or Federal government.
- Experience in proofreading, technical writing and editing for grammar.
- Experience working with Senior Leadership to create and edit emails to the workforce and other audiences; create briefs and talking points.
- Demonstrated effective leadership, execution and crisis communication skills in the IC, NGA, DoD or Federal government environments.
TS/SCI Security Clearance Required