Senior Fortify Software Test Engineer
Location: Quantico, VA
TechGuard Security, LLC, a premier cyber security company, is seeking a Senior Fortify Software Test Engineer to work with TechGuard’ s Information System Test and Evaluation Support Group. Join an experienced and passionate management team and take a fast-growing National Cyber Security company to the next level.
The candidate will take a lead in improving quality of software design and implementation from security perspective. This position would require interfacing with various stakeholders like developers, security testers, clients, ISSO to advise on secure development practices, vulnerability remediation approach and assessment of false positive vulnerability. Responsibilities include:
- Perform code review to improve software security
- Consult and facilitate discussion across various Development Teams on secure coding practices
- Work with developers to accurately assess description of false positive vulnerability
- Advise Development Teams and application ISSO on Remediation Plan assessment and implementation approach
- As appropriate, maintain secure development standards, policies, procedures and provide training to developers and testers
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering or related discipline with 6-8 years related experience.
- Candidate must be well versed in the fundamentals of software testing. This includes a demonstrated ability to define and execute a strategy based on system requirements, development goals, and timelines.
- Candidate must be experienced in conducting and managing functional, integration, usability, load/stress, and performance testing.
- Experience with code analysis tools; specifically MFGS Fortify
- Proven communication skills with both internal development team members and external Federal business stakeholders
- Efficacy in both oral and written communication.
- Ability to work independently or in group environments to achieve team goals.
- Willingness to take and offer direction as needed to achieve team goals.
- Technical background doing security testing
- Knowledge of web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services and Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols
- Penetration testing experience
- Requires SECRET clearance.
|Job Category||Software Engineering|