Senior Geospatial Analyst
Location: Springfield, VA
The Geospatial Analyst job description includes extracting and/or acquiring geospatial information, derivative information and multi-INT data for analysis, visualization and modeling to solve problems and enhance the GEOINT knowledge of mission-specific intelligence issues. This also includes extracting specific mission-related feature data in accordance with NGA data and product specifications and with respect to non-standard product requirements. These services include, but are not limited to:
- Provide for extracting and/or acquiring geospatial information, derivative information and multi-INT data for analysis and visualization.
- Assist in developing and implementing a metadata catalog based on NGA standards.
- Assist in establishing and managing geospatial analysis research and production, as well as the strategies and processes to achieve the goal of analyzing the logistics and security associated with mission-specific issues.
- Create, update, and manage geospatial information system databases and products.
- Assist in identifying, compiling and assessing geospatial and imagery data sets to support requirements.
- Perform network and infrastructure analysis for all aspects of geographic routes to include electric power networks, transportation networks, communications networks, and security forces and perform quality control on created analytical products.
- Collaborate with analysts, partners, and customers as required. Written analytical intelligence reports, graphics, and briefings are required to communicate the analysis rendered. The Subcontractor will be required to use a multi-INT approach towards finding, cataloging, and assessing mission-related facilities.
- Utilize expertise in geospatial analysis to produce GEOINT in support of locating, compiling, characterizing, and monitoring mission-specific facilities, logistics, and route studies associated with those facilities.
- Perform geospatial analysis and present results in the form of datasets, visualization, and models for inclusion in standard and formalized NGA intelligence analysis products, such as GN’s, Cables, and NIBs that result in the authorship of 6-9 standard, coordinated NGA intelligence reports per year.
- A bachelor’s degree in a field related to the support services may count for up to four years of this experience.
- 10-20 years’ experience required.
- Demonstrated MS Word, Powerpoint, database entry and graphic design principles skills.
- Knowledge and experience with digital cartography, image processing, computer technology, geographical information systems (GIS), geospatial production techniques, remote sensing, and photogrammetry.
- Knowledge of and experience with ArcGIS, ArcSDE, ArcView, ArcIMS, ArcTools, the Integrated Exploitation Capability (IEC) system, SocetSet, TerraExplorer/Builder, RemoteView, ERDAS IMAGINE, MRSID, VB/VBA 9or some other object oriented programming/scriptin language), Oracle and other appropriate software to analyze geospatial data.
- Must have the capability to read and understand intelligence issues, military affairs, and use GIS to develop Geospatial Intelligence reports and products to solve problems.
- Expertise in photogrammetry, remote sensing, image processing, or regional expertise is also desirable.
- Demonstrated knowledge of commercial imagery, products, processes and sensors.
- Demonstrated customer support skills.
TOP SECRET/SCI CLEARANCE REQUIRED