Senior Network Communications Engineer SME
LOCATION: (DISA) Fort George G. Meade, Maryland
Serve as a Senior Communications Engineer and Subject Matter Expert on all network activities related to DISA Email service. Participate and support technical discussion/meetings; perform network and communications technical analyses; create network and communication technical designs and solutions with inputs that include: ports and protocols and network diagrams; research necessary to support development for Bill of Materials; and support future studies and research on new technologies and/or initiative. Provide results of these efforts in monthly status reporting. Status reporting include major milestones and activities, and risks/challenges.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Participate in engineering “Tiger” teams to determine/recommend solutions for optimization of the architectural environment for DISA provided Email/Portal Solutions.
- Perform Technical Solution analysis to recommend facility and technical architectural upgrades and required procurements.
- Create Technical White papers for the computing and communications architecture for DISA provided Email/Portal Solutions.
- Support Technical Discussion/Meetings with team members and DOD Customers to define the requirements, and develop an architectural environment for DISA provided Email/Portal Solutions.
- Conduct research necessary to support development for Bill of Materials (BOMs).
- Create and update system designs that will support the computing and communications architecture for DISA provided Email/Portal Solutions.
- Support technology trend analysis, future studies, and research on new technologies and/or initiative to enhance computing and communications architecture for DISA provided Email/Portal Solutions.
- Participate in device configuration activities with DISA internal stakeholders. Modify or configure network device software to support communications device operation (iRule composition for F5, for example).
- Provide Email/Portal communication expertise to Troubleshoot network issues across all devices supporting DEE communications in conjunction with DISA Communications Line of Business engineers.
- Develop cut sheets and elevations for new Email communication implementations at Government data centers and mission partner sites.
- Work with internal DISA stakeholders to reserve Internet Protocol space for both management and production network for new system implementations. Maintain internal tracking tools with network information for systems (OOB/EBN/ILO/Prod IPs, VIPs, VLANs, etc).
- Develop/submit Whitelist updates to DISA Information Assurance Teams for system connectivity changes.
- Interface with external mission partners to facilitate solution implementations.
- Occasional travel to mission partner sites to facilitate configuration activities.
- Brief status of program communications activities to senior program leadership.
Requirements: Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Networks and Communications and a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in F5 devices.
Clearance Requirements: Secret level security clearance required.
|Job Category||Software Engineering|