Senior Staff Systems Solutions Engineer
Location: Fort Meade, MD
STaaS (storage as a service) is a distributed object (file) store used for long term bulk storage. STaaS supports a variety of machine-to-machine interfaces via RESTful Web services (services based on Representational State Transfer [REST]) application program interfaces (APIs) such as Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Google Object Store, and Apple Swift. Files written to STaaS are immediately protected by being fragmented, encoded, and distributed to multiple sites. As a DoD Cloud Service, STaaS is available from anywhere on the Non-classified Internet Protocol (IP) Router Network (NIPRNet). Responsibilities include:
- Provide technical guidance and plan, engineer, implement, and onboard activities necessary to successfully deliver the DISA hosted Cloud Storage solution to Mission Partners.
- Provide knowledge and experience on cloud storage solutions which includes object storage, Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) application programming interface (API), and International Business Machines (IBM) Cleversafe Technology, and other Cloud Storage related technologies such as web file synch and share.
- Participate in technical discussion/meetings with Mission Partners and Cloud Storage solutions.
- Collect and analyze Mission Partner technical requirements such as systems interfaces with complementary technologies, onboarding tools, onboard storage sizing, network topology, and bandwidth constraints as part of the customer onboard activities.
- Develop scope definition, plan development, project plan, and resource estimates for new Mission Partners.
- Engineer, troubleshoot, document, and/or work with DISA Data Center and Mission Partners to implement solutions to overcome technical obstacles to Mission Partner specific storage requirements.
- Assess existing Mission Partners storage needs to ensure operational effectiveness, identification of any functionality not supported by the DISA hosted Cloud Storage solution and propose acceptable alternatives or mitigation strategies.
- Support Change Management activities and participate in Technical Review Group.
- Analyze vendor and security patches and existing Cloud Storage documents to address Risk Management Framework (RMF) security controls, Security Technical Information Guides (STIGs), Information Assurance and Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs), National Security Administration (NSA) Guides, and US Cyber Command Directives.
Four-year degree minimum and a minimum of ten years’ experience in storage solutions with at least two years’ experience in Cloud Storage Solutions Required.
SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED
|Job Category||Software Engineering|