Location: McLean, VA
Position Description: TechGuard Security LLC is looking for a candidate a Splunk engineer. You will perform hands-on evaluation, implementation, and operation of leading security Cyber defense tools. You will coordinate work with in-house teams to identify the right mix of tools and techniques to translate your customer’s IT needs and future goals into a plan that will enable secure and effective solutions. We need to come up with the best solution, so you’ll investigate new techniques, break free from the legacy model, and go where the industry is going. You’ll lead the team through a critical approach to network design, providing alternatives and customizing solutions, to maintain a balance of security and business needs. This is a chance to make a difference in the security of federal information security. Your technical expertise will be vital as you help customers overcome their most difficult challenges by integrating secure practices like the configuration of Linux and VMware environments, as well as monitoring system performance. You will be able to broaden your skillset into areas like designing, implementing, and configuring IT systems and security infrastructure while building peace of mind in a critical infrastructure. Join our team, as we improve federal information security through Cybersecurity.
- 7+ years of IT experience
- 5+ years of experience with performing systems administration in Linux or VMware environments, including performing installation and configuration, monitoring system performance and availability, performing upgrades, and troubleshooting
- 2+ years of experience with designing, implementing, configuring, and operating IT systems or security infrastructure
- Experience with performing site surveys, data gathering, and research and analysis regarding deploying and implementing security tools
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree
- Experience with working in large federal agency environments
- Knowledge of federal information security policies, standards, procedures, directives, frameworks, federal security authorizations, assessment, and risk management processes for enterprise systems
- BA or BS degree in IT Security, Engineering, or a related field
- CISSP, Red Hat, Splunk, or a related certification
Clearance Requirements: Ability to obtain a security clearance.
Email resumes to: [email protected]