Systems Administrator Specialist
Location: 50% REMOTE – 50% LAUREL, MD
TechGuard Security is looking for a Systems Administrator to analyze and resolve complex problems associated with server hardware, applications and software integration; and perform Engineering of system configurations, implementation of systems, and system accreditation support. This labor category requires DoD 8570 compliance – at minimum, IAT Level II.
· 8+ years demonstrated systems administration experience administering user accounts; performing server subsystem configuration, network management, installation of software, backups, configuration management, and general system maintenance; and providing input to the design of the organization’s systems and mission architecture.
· 4+ years combined experience in system administration, which shall have been obtained within the last 6+ years.
· 6+ years combined experience in each of the following:
· system backup/restore procedures
· system security practices
· system tuning
· user administration
· software and hardware installation and maintenance
· file management and system troubleshooting
· operating systems(e.g., Windows, Unix/Solaris, LINUX)and storage filers (e.g., NetApp, Isolon)
· system accreditation support
· system configurations
· Vmware and virtualization
· DoD 8570 IAT II Certification
· A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems or related discipline may be substituted for 4 years of experience, or a Master of Science degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems or related discipline may be substituted for 6 years experience.
Clearance Requirements: TS/SCI with CI Poly required
Email resumes to: [email protected]