Location: 50% REMOTE – 50% LAUREL, MD
TechGuard Security is looking for a Test Engineer who will recommend testing methodologies to be used for specific systems, prepare test plans documenting the intended test methodology, and prepare test procedures and test cases based on specific requirements. The Test Engineer will conduct various system tests (i.e. integration, systems, regression) with supervision, document and present test results, perform system validation and verification, and work with users and developers through all phases of the system lifecycle to clarify requirements and ensure testability. The Test Engineer will estimate resource needs for testing tasks for input into the project budget and schedules; lead, task, and mentor teams; and ensures that all testing efforts are conducted in accordance with best industry practices.
· 8+ years of experience in preparing, conducting, and documenting various systems tests and results to verify system operability and compliance with project standards and requirements.
· discipline may be substituted for six (6) years of experience.
· 6+ years of experience with bug tracking software (i.e. Bugzilla).
· 4+ years of experience with OSI Model, TCP/IP networking, routing, switching, and other basic network concepts.
· 4+ years of experience developing or testing software written in C/C++, Java, Perl and scripting languages.
· 4+ years of experience testing software on Windows, Linux and Solaris Platforms.
· 2+ years of experience in a lead test role.
· A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems or related discipline may be substituted for four (4) years of experience, or a Master of Science degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems or related.
Clearance Requirements: TS SCI With CI Poly Security Clearance.
Email resumes to: [email protected]