UNIX System Administrator
Locations: Montgomery, AL
Administer UNIX operating systems running on multiple flavors/versions.
Manage and maintain currently supported and subsequent UNIX based OS on physical and virtual operating environments, providing technical oversight and consultation services as required.
- Experience with Solaris 11, HP-UX 11.31, AIX 7.2 TL1, Oracle Enterprise Linux 6.x
- Install, configure, maintain, manage, and troubleshoot UNIX based OS and associated components such as the OS, File System, hardware issues, kernel and OS performance, DNS, network-attached storage, Storage Area Networks, and networking components including Virtual Local Area Networks, BIOS, and bonded network interfaces
- Provide 8×5 and on-call support to resolve OE and/or application outages and performance degradations and provide after-hours support per DISA processes for scheduled and unscheduled support (ASIs, maintenance, etc.) to include working non-prime shifts
- Install, configure, administer, and support secure remote access utilities and applications including: Secure Shell, Secure Web Access, Virtualization (HyperVisor, VMWare, etc.), and Remote X server access
- Manage clustering at the OS level, leveraging clustering software as well as other clustering packages (ex. Solaris cluster, Linux clustering, etc.)
- Utilize UNIX scripting (Bourne, Korn, PERL, BASH, Powershell and other DISA standard tools) to optimize and automate system administrator tasks
- Provide technical support for disaster recovery efforts (actual or simulated) to include disaster recovery documentation.
- Perform hardware and software technology refreshes, ensuring compliance with tight timelines while coordinating with MPs to minimize disruptions.
- Manage all tickets (incident, problem, change, service requests, etc.) in accordance with DISA policies and any MP SLAs. This encompasses any ticketing system used to record tickets utilized by DISA personnel in support of mission requirements
- Analyze, monitor, troubleshoot, and diagnose operating environments to ensure system optimization, confidentiality, integrity, availability, and functionality are within parameters per DoD, DISA guidance, as well as MP SLA and applicable vendor recommendations.
- Implement and sustain Lightweight Directory Access Protocol solutions, to include policy management and compliance with Hardening guidance
- Minimum of 5 years relevant System Administration Experience
- DoD 8570/8140 IA and OS certification required
Secret level security clearance required
Email resumes to: [email protected]
|Job Category||System Administration|