Unix/Windows Subject Matter Expert
Locations: Oklahoma City, OK
Provide technical support for engineering and design of large-scale processor solutions that meet agency requirements for server environments (UNIX and Windows) and provide cost-effective solutions with emphasis on virtualization and emerging technologies including Enterprise Resource Planning Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)-engineered systems.
- Provide in-depth analysis and recommendations for server-based engineering solutions to include optimization, integration and system recovery initiatives.
- Assist Server LOB, OEM vendors and other stakeholder personnel to analyze and resolve systemic and enterprise operational issues with respect to trouble-shooting, sizing, interoperability and performance.
- Provide analysis and evaluation of next-generation computing technologies to make a new or updated technology available to a customer or an updated service to all customers.
- Provide DISA Ecosystem and external stakeholders with technical support services to assist in the development of cost-effective courses of action to achieve enterprise goals and objectives.
- Review, complete, execute, and support Ecosystem in the critical review of enterprise initiatives to support or prepare for new, diverse, or increased workload, including IT technologies, processes and procedures that maximize automation and minimize staffing.
- Conduct research on new and emerging industry IT architecture capabilities and develop updated enterprise technology baselines. Compare the results and develop the technological baselines for consolidation of legacy hardware and systems based upon the results of research and baselines.
- Improve DISA’s Enterprise technology baseline through the development of alternatives and recommendations for changes to the technological baselines at the Data Center(s), consolidation of legacy hardware and systems, and associated administrative practices.
- Minimum of 7 years relevant server System Administration, Engineering, Design, and/or System Integration, experience for Windows servers and/or any/all UNIX variants
- Combination of relevant OS level certification or architecture equivalent, server virtualization certification, Storage and/or network certification
Secret level security clearance required
Email resumes to: [email protected]